Sunday, November 9, 2008

Got a New Hammer

I bought this $90 hammer for $12 with free shipping on Buy.com. I love Buy.com. Two weeks ago I bought a power accessory kit for my iPhone for $3.95 with free shipping. I was at Circuit City yesterday and saw the iPhone car charger - just one of the three power accessories that came in my kit - for $39.

I suppose the only thing I don't like about Buy.com is that, by offering new items at below-yard-sale-prices, I feel obligated to purchase things I really don't need. In fact, in a brilliant marketing maneuver, Buy.com has somehow reversed the effects of 'buyer's remorse' to produce guilt when I don't buy something.


Right now I'm feeling guilty about not shopping for my wife's Christmas gift yet. I wonder if she'd like a hammer? Naw. . .I have a sneaking suspicion she'd use it to make sure I wasn't around to celebrate the new year.

Until next time. . .

- Tom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perfect choice..! I too got a new hammer from Buy.com.